1. USE OF PRODUCTS
2. Ongoing Payment Requirement. The continued right to use the Product requires that it be enrolled in a Service Subscription and we continue to receive payment with respect to such use. If a Product is not properly registered in a current paid Service Subscription we have no obligation to allow access to or use of the Product, nor to provide any related Services.
4. Third Party Technology. Certain Products may involve or allow the use of third party technology, the use of which is subject to such third parties’ license terms. You agree that your use of a Product is deemed your express consent to all such applicable third party license terms. As to all such third party technology: (i) it is provided by us on an “AS IS” basis, without warranty of any kind and (ii) we will not be liable for damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages, nor will we indemnify you for any claims related to any third party technology. Except as may be provided in the third party terms, or in any separate agreement between you and the provider of the applicable third party technology, your sole and exclusive remedy with regard to any defect, claim, or other dispute relating to the third party technology is to cease its use.
2. LIMITATIONS ON RIGHTS OF USE
3. Paralogic’s Rights. In the event we reasonably believe any Product use or Content: (i) violates any of the restrictions in the foregoing sections; (ii) may disrupt or threaten the operation or security of any computer, network, system or the Products; or (iii) may otherwise subject us to liability, we reserve the right to refuse or disable access to the Product or Content. We may also take such action pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and/or as required to comply with Applicable Law. We will use reasonable efforts to contact an Administrator prior to taking such action. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may restrict access to any Product or Content without prior notice including as necessary to comply with Applicable Law or protect against threats to our network or any Product. If we take any such action without prior notice, we will provide notice to an Administrator, unless prohibited by Applicable Law.
4. Certain Uses Not Supported. Use of the Products is not authorized, will not be supported by us, and any warranties will be void, if the Products are modified in any way or used in a manner for which they are not intended, including but not limited to (i) using software or hardware that is not intended, recommended or approved by us for the Product; (ii) installing a different operating system (OS) on a hardware Device; (iii) except for a limited testing period or in the event of a documented business continuity event, using a Product in a virtualized production environment instead of as a backup application; or (iv) use, access and support of any Product by other than authorized personnel who are knowledgeable about the Product, Service and Content involved and are able to demonstrate the required level technical competency with respect to the use of the Product.
5. Your Obligations. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, copying, or disclosure of the Product or Content, of which you become aware and agree to immediately take such actions as are necessary to end and prevent any such use, copying, or disclosure. You acknowledge and agree that any breach of this Section 2 will cause immediate and irreparable injury to us, and in such event, we may seek and obtain injunctive relief, without bond or other security, in addition to other remedies available at law and in equity.
3. RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING CONTENT
2. Third Party Administrator Responsibilities Regarding Content and Product Use. If you are a third party Administrator managing or using any Product on behalf of a Content Owner, you represent and warrant that you are acting as an agent on behalf of the Content Owner (who is the principal) and that you are acting within the scope of your agency. Accordingly, you agree to obtain Content Owner’s authorization and comply with Content Owner’s instructions at all times with respect to use of the Product and access to Content, including but not limited to: Service Subscription, Device settings, backup settings, access controls, management, retention and deletion of Content, transition of Product or Content to a different Administrator, and transition assistance and cooperation upon termination or expiration of any relationship between or among an Administrator, Content Owner and/or Paralogic. Paralogic expressly may rely on the authorization of any Administrator with respect to access and control of Content.
3. Content Owner Terms. If you are a third party Administrator managing the Product on behalf of a Content Owner you must ensure that each Content Owner agrees to certain Content Owner Terms as part of a valid, enforceable contract between you and the Content Owner. Upon our request, you must provide evidence of each Content Owner’s acceptance of the Content Owner Terms. You agree to immediately notify us of any known or suspected breach of any Content Owner Terms and to assist us in the enforcement of the same.
4. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT
1. Maintenance and Support. During the Term Paralogic will provide support for the Products in accordance with the service levels specified in the Proposal.
2. You are required to log all requests for support services with the Paralogic Helpdesk.
5. TERM AND TERMINATION
2. Term. The initial term (“Initial Term”) for delivery of Services hereunder shall be 12 months. Upon the expiration of the Initial Term, this contract and all licences hereunder shall automatically renew for one or more additional terms of 12 months each (a Renewal Term) unless and until either party notifies the other party of its intent to terminate at least 60 days prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term. The Initial Term, together with any and all Renewal Terms, are collectively referred to as “The Term”.
4. Effect of Termination. In the event of termination for any reason you must immediately stop using the Product and securely destroy all related media and Specifications, if any. The licenses granted hereunder and all Services with respect to a given Product will automatically terminate on expiration or termination under this Section 5. We reserve the right to permanently delete or disable access to all related Content from any remotely located servers owned by or under our control, without liability for such deletion, 60 days after the termination.
6. ACCESS AND SECURITY
1. Your Responsibility for Account and Product Access. You are responsible for any action that you permit, assist or facilitate any person or entity to take related to the Product and associated Content. You are responsible for the security of all access credentials, including all passwords, to the Product. You are responsible for maintaining the security of any access codes, passwords, technical specifications, connectivity standards or protocols, assigned to you and/or created by you to gain access to an Online Portal, Product and/or Content. You are responsible for all activities that occur in your Online Portal account (“Account”), including any Product or Content access you allow, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by you, by others on your behalf (including any of your administrative users and/or any Content Owner you authorize). If you lose your encryption key, you may not be able to access the Content associated with the Product. You agree to notify us immediately if you learn of any unauthorized use of any access credentials or any other known or suspected breach of security. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss of any kind resulting from a) any party using your Account access credentials; and b) activity within your Account, either with or without your knowledge or authorization.
2. Your Responsibility for Security. You are responsible for the proper configuration and maintenance of physical, administrative and technical safeguards as they relate to access to and use of the Product and Content. In no event will we be responsible, nor will we have any liability, for physical, administrative, or technical controls related to the Product that you control, including but not limited to local Device access, network connectivity and internet connectivity. We use physical, technical and administrative safeguards designed to secure Content under our control against accidental or unauthorized loss, access or disclosure. However, no password-protected system of data storage and retrieval can be made entirely impenetrable and you acknowledge and agree that despite the measures employed, the Products and Content are not guaranteed against all security threats or other vulnerabilities and you use the Products with all Content at your own risk.
3. GDPR. Paralogic, and the Recovery Server environment, complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Any data subject requests should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
7. UPDATES AND TESTING
1. Right to Change Products. We reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to make Enhancements to, replace, modify, discontinue or add to the Products, including revisions to any and all Specifications for the Products. We will use reasonable commercial efforts to provide you notice of any material changes.
2. Remote Testing and Updates. You agree that we may and hereby authorize us, at any time and from time to time, to interact remotely with any deployed Product in order to test, troubleshoot, or update such Product.
8. USE OF INFORMATION
1. Use of Feedback. If you provide us with reports, comments, suggestions, ideas or other feedback regarding the Products or our business, whether written or oral (collectively “Feedback”), either directly or through any third party, you do so without any expectation of compensation. You hereby grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use the Feedback to improve the Products and for any other purpose, including in all media now known and later developed. Feedback is strictly voluntary and we are not required to hold it in confidence.
3. Use of Log Data. Operational data concerning use of the Products, including but not limited to, information servers automatically record relating to the access and use of the Products, such as IP address, authentication tokens, machine identification, access logs, device settings and Online Portal settings are used by us to provide the Products and operate our business and you agree that we may use such Log Data for such purposes.
2. Products are Confidential Information. The Products, including their structure, organization and source code, are comprised of commercially valuable assets belonging to us or our licensors, the development or acquisition of which required the investment of substantial time, effort and cost. You acknowledge and agree that the Products may contain trade secrets and they (and all portions thereof) are our Confidential Information and are proprietary to us. Accordingly, you hereby agree to use the highest degree of care to maintain the confidentiality of the Products.
3. Types of Data. Content, Feedback, Aggregate Data and Log Data will not be deemed to be Confidential Information. Our responsibilities regarding Content are set forth in Section 3. Our use of Feedback, Aggregate Data and Log Data are set forth in Section 8.
4. Permitted Disclosures. Each party may disclose Confidential Information of the other party to its employees, officers, agents, subcontractors and independent contractors (collectively “Representatives”) who have a need to know such Confidential Information in order to perform their duties provided they have a legal duty to protect the Confidential Information. A party receiving Confidential Information of the other party assumes full responsibility for the acts and omissions of its Representatives with respect to such Confidential Information.
5. Required Disclosures. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required in order to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with Applicable Law, provided that the party required to make any such disclosure, where permitted by Applicable Law in the reasonable judgment of that party’s counsel, will first have given written notice to the other party in order to allow the disclosing party to seek, at its sole cost and expense, a protective order or other remedy to limit such disclosure.
6. Injunctive Relief. Each party acknowledges that any breach of any provision of this Section 9 (Confidentiality) by the receiving party, or its Representatives, may cause immediate and irreparable injury to the disclosing party, and in the event of such breach, the injured party will be entitled to seek and obtain injunctive relief to the extent provided by a court of applicable jurisdiction, without bond or other security, and to any and all other remedies available at law or in equity.
10. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
1. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HERE THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PARALOGIC IT’S SUPPLIERS AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM (AND THE EXPRESS PROVISIONS OF THIS CONTRACT ARE IN PLACE OF) ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, TERMS, UNDERTAKINGS, AND OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, TERMS, UNDERTAKINGS, AND OBLIGATIONS IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED UNDERTAKINGS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, CONFORMITY WITH DESCRIPTION AND REASONABLE FITNESS FOR PURPOSE).
2. PARALOGIC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT ANY PRODUCT’S COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS SPECIFICALLY APPLICABLE TO ANY CONTENT OWNER OR INDUSTRY AND DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.
3. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY PARALOGIC SHALL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL PARALOGIC WARRANTIES OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF PARALOGIC’S OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER.
4. PARALOGIC MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS. PARALOGIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF UNDERTAKINGS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, CONFORMITY WITH DESCRIPTION AND REASONABLE FITNESS FOR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO THE THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS.
5. THE PRODUCTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER RISKS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. PARALOGIC, OR OUR LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH EVENTS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR OUR LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR COSTS, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, COSTS OF DELAY, FAILURE OF DELIVERY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COSTS OF LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR THE COST OF RECREATING THE SAME, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE). IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS.
2. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR ENTIRE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY (AND THAT OF OUR SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS) FOR ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND TYPE (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES ONLY THAT DO NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE FEES WE RECEIVE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL APPLICABLE PRODUCT IN THE 12 FULL CALENDAR MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE MONTH IN WHICH THE EVENT INVOLVING THAT PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED.
2. Your remedies. If the Product becomes, or in Paralogic’s or its suppliers opinion is likely to become, the subject of an infringement claim, Paralogic or is suppliers may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either (a) procure for you the right to continue to use the Product, or (b) replace or modify the Product so that it becomes non- infringing, without materially affecting the functionality thereof. If the alternatives speciﬁed in (a) or (b) above are not commercially reasonable in Paralogic’s sole and exclusive discretion, then Paralogic may terminate this contract, and you shall receive a pro-rated refund of all initial and one-time set up fees paid by you to Paralogic (if any) for the allegedly infringing Product. This Section 12.2 represents your sole and exclusive remedy and Paralogic’s sole and exclusive liability for any infringement claims based on the Product.
13. USE OF THE INTERNET
THE PRODUCT MAY BE USED TO ACCESS AND TRANSFER INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PARALOGIC, AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THAT: (A) VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, MALWARE OR OTHER UNDESIRABLE DATA OR SOFTWARE; OR (B) UNAUTHORISED USERS (E.G. HACKERS) MAY ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO, STEAL OR DAMAGE YOUR DATA, WEB SITES, COMPUTERS OR NETWORKS. NEITHER PARALOGIC NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ACTIVITIES AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO SUCH ACTIVITIES.
1. Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue. This Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be made, governed, construed and enforced in accordance with English law without reference to conﬂicts of law principles. The parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction of any actions arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with this contract shall be in the courts of England and Wales, and the Parties hereby agree to submit to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts. This contract shall not be governed by the 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
2. Force Majeure. Any delay in or failure of performance of either party to this contract (excluding obligations to pay money for use of the Product) shall not constitute a default under this contract or give rise to any claim for damages to the extent such delay or failure of performance are caused by an event beyond the reasonable control of either party, including acts of god, ﬁre, ﬂood, explosion, war, strikes, or other concerted work stoppages of labour, inability to obtain raw material, equipment or transportation, breakage or failure of equipment or apparatus, loss of any necessary utility or interruption of power or communications sources or connections, failures in or affecting the performance, use, or availability of the Internet or associated intranets, any computer virus or other malicious code released by a third party, the terrorist, illegal, malicious, wanton, or capricious acts a third party, changes or modiﬁcations in international, national, or industry standards or protocols, and the existence of or changes in laws prohibiting or imposing criminal penalties or civil liability for performance hereunder; provided that, any such delay does not extend beyond 30 calendar days.
3. Export Control. You shall not export, directly or indirectly, the Product or any Content (through use of the Product) in violation of any export laws, rules or regulations. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Paralogic, and its licensors and suppliers, from and against any and all damages, ﬁnes, penalties, assessments, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising out of any claim that the Product (or any Content by use of the Product) was exported, shipped or transported in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
4. Severability. In the event that one or more of the provisions herein shall be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, each such provision shall be deemed modiﬁed to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of this contract, and this contract shall continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced as if such provision had not been included, or had been modiﬁed as above provided, as the case may be.
5. No Waiver. Paralogic’s failure or delay to enforce any provision of this contract or respond to any breach by you or others shall not operate or be construed as a waiver or prevent Paralogic from taking any permitted action to prevent further breaches.
6. Survival. The following provisions will survive termination: those that by their express terms survive or by their nature may be reasonably inferred to survive, as well as sections 2 (Limitations on Rights of Use), 5 (Term and Termination), 9 (Conﬁdentiality), 10 (Warranty and Disclaimer), 11 (Limitation of Liability), 12 (Indemnification) 14 (Miscellaneous) and 15 (Deﬁnitions).
7. Third Parties. A person who is not a party to this contract may not enforce any of its provisions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act of 1999.
10. Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from us in electronic form and agree that this Agreement and all notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement as if in writing.
1. “Administrator” means (i) a Content Owner that controls, manages, uses and/or supports any Product for its own internal use; or (ii) a third party person or entity, other than Datto, authorized by a Content Owner to control, manage and/or use a Product for that Content Owner.
3. “Confidential Information” means any information, other than Content, whether oral, written, electronic, or in any other format disclosed by either you or Paralogic, or its suppliers, to the other related to the operations of either party or a third party that has been identified by the disclosing party as confidential or that by the nature of the circumstances surrounding disclosure are reasonably to be treated as confidential. Confidential Information specifically excludes Content. The Products and information available to you through an Online Portal are Confidential Information.
4. “Content” means data, content or other materials stored, backed-up, hosted, displayed, transmitted, routed, virtualized, processed or communicated using a Product.
5. “Content Owner” means the person or entity that owns, licenses, lawfully controls or uses Content, or for whose benefit Content is held or transmitted, in connection with a Product.
6. “Device” means any image-based business continuity and disaster recovery product instance, regardless of whether it is physical hardware, or in virtual or imaged form.
8. “Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual property rights, however arising and in whatever media, whether or not registered, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, design rights, database rights, domain names, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and any applications for the protection or registration of such rights and all renewals and extensions thereof throughout the world.
9. “Online Portal” means a remote web-based application or portal that contains information related to the Product, including the ability to configure, manage, monitor, support and use the Product.
11. “Policies” means the terms and conditions of any policies applicable to access, use, and support of the Products. Policies are published on an Online Portal.
12. “Proposal” means the document provided to you by Paralogic which specifies the Products, Services and Prices of your Recovery Server Service Subscription.
13. “Services” means all services provided by or on behalf of Paralogic, including without limitation, business continuity, backup and disaster recovery, technical support, training, Online Portals or other applications
14. “Service Subscription” means the type of Service, Service Term, Payment Term and Retention Plan in which a Device is enrolled.
15. “Software” means the software technology and all Intellectual Property Rights of Datto and its licensors in any Product, including any embedded software on or comprising Devices.
16. “Specifications” means the Policies, documentation, user manuals and any technical publications and materials, as applicable, relating to the Products. Specifications may be published on an Online Portal.