Hyperconvergence is one of those rare solutions that offers ground-breaking innovation and raises the bar of expectation so that smaller and mid-market firms can benefit from the same technologies as larger businesses.
Scale server and storage platforms let smaller and mid-market organisations:
- Down-size the hardware footprint and de-clutter server rooms and data centres
- Simplify administration, reducing management tasks and the need for tech knowledge
- Enhance DR/BC capability and provide high availability, minimising disruption
- Reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) across depreciation, upgrades and training
- Includes virtualisation, backup & recovery, disaster recovery, replication functionality
Scale hyperconvergence going from strength to strength
Since the spring of 2017, hyperconvergence in general and Scale in particular has been the focus of some significant activity and some notable infrastructure projects have gone live. This has seen it strengthen its market position.
- March 2017 – big win – Scale Computing’s HC3 is adopted by Long & McQuade, with 70 locations, the largest chain of musical instrument retailers in Canada; the company replaced legacy storage arrays and separate server systems with the HC3 integrated server and storage systems.
- April 2017 – major deal agreed for CMS Distribution to provide value-added distribution and channel support for Scale hyperconvergence across the UK and Ireland. It noted demand from smaller and mid-market firms that want virtualised server technologies which don’t have the budget for licensing virtualization software or the resource to support complex infrastructure.
- April 2017 – Scale Computing wins best mid-market strategy award at Spring 2017 Mid-market CIO Forum in Georgia. The award identified support for midsized customers and dedication to providing the proper balance of capabilities and operating costs.
- July 2017 – Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM), the first institution in the world dedicated to research and teaching in the field of tropical medicine, adopts Scale HC3 infrastructure to obtain better DR/BC, reduce management time by over 50 per cent and get simplicity which enables the school to focus on other areas of business, saving time and money.
- July 2017 – Scale Computing announces hyperconverged appliances designed for storage hungry data centres the HC1150DF and HC5150D – in organisations of all sizes that want to maximise storage speed and capacity.
- August 2017 – Scale Computing announced unprecedented results in hyperconverged virtual machine IO performance using NVM express (NVMe) showing the world it is ready for next generation memory technologies.
Paralogic trusted to deliver the benefits of Scale hyperconvergence
Customers choosing Paralogic as their Scale hyperconvergence solution partner have seen outstanding benefits, including exceptional increases in efficiency.
As companies that need to retain their own infrastructure or maintain a private cloud seek to update legacy systems, Scale hyperconvergence is a natural choice. Smaller and mid-market firms may not have the resource or skills to maintain conventional virtualised systems built around VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V. Scale brings virtualised infrastructure within reach.
In the way that Apple ‘consumerised’ complex technology with iOS on its phones and tablets, Scale Computing hyperconvergence software enables complex server, virtualisation and storage configurations to be easily managed by IT people without specialist skillsets.
Paralogic is a leading Scale partner, with access to the resources to support any solution over its entire lifecycle. To get started with a Scale Computing hyperconvergence solution, just get in touch today. Simply fill in the form or call us on 01844 293 330.
Click here to see the benefits of the Scale hyperconvergence solution Paralogic provided for Telford Homes PLC, a leading mid-market housebuilder.